Another Step to make Whatsapp Secure and Private
Facebook owned encrypted WhatsApp Messenger is a freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service but not flawless.Recently many security experts report in 2019 after disclosing vulnerabilities in this messaging app that can be exploited by attackers. Illegal access to mobile through whats-app can leave users open to harmful consequences. We have already seen hacking of a wider group of top government official’s smartphones, sophisticated nation-state attacks, targeted hacking and misleading functionality through WhatsApp cyber intrusion.
Mark Zuckerberg is trying hard to make billions of subscribers on Whatsapp secure.As per WhatsApp,
Privacy and security is in their DNA, So fingerprint unlock security feature finally arrives for Android users after iOS.
Fingerprint lock comes for Android Whatsapp
So far, only iPhone users could lock Whatsapp with Face ID or the fingerprint sensor – now comes the function for Android devices. On which devices the security option will work is not yet clear.
Whatsapp has announced that in future Android users could block the chat program on their smartphone by fingerprint. In early 2019 Whatsapp had already released the feature for iPhones, now followed by Android smartphones.
In a blog post, the company writes that the fingerprint lock is offered for “supported Android phones” . Which devices are involved, is not communicated. Apparently Whatsapp – unlike the iPhone – even with a fingerprint lock, but not via a face scan.
To enable it, tap Settings >Account > Privacy > Fingerprint lock. Turn on Unlock with fingerprint, and confirm your fingerprint.
Apparently no authentication by face scan possible
Whatsapp writes that for Android a “similar authentication” will be introduced and speaks in the consequence only of the release by a fingerprint. Accordingly, we can not use the lock on the Pixel 4 XL in our editors. Whether Whatsapp still provides an unlock by facial scan, is currently unknown.
The lock can be set to be reactivated immediately after leaving Whatsapp, after one minute, or after 30 minutes. In addition, users can choose whether or not to display message content in Android notifications.
Apparently the update will ship with the new fingerprint lock in waves. Likewise, some users may take a little longer than others to use the feature.
- Amram is a technical analyst and partner at DFI Club Research, a high-tech research and advisory firm .He has over 10 years of technical and business experience with leading high-tech companies including Huawei,Nokia,Ericsson on ICT, Semiconductor, Microelectronics Systems and embedded systems.Amram focuses on the business critical points where new technologies drive innovations.
- Tech Business2020.06.1610 Advantages That Apps Have Over Websites For Your Business
- AMD2020.05.01Nvidia Ampere: New GPU Generation Unveiled 2020
- AI2020.04.28Is The World Better Without AI (Artificial Intelligence)?
- Technology Business2020.04.24Facebook Shows The Strangest Keyboard You Have Ever Seen